Chadwell Heath man charged with perverting the course of justice over Jordan Douherty murder investigation
- Credit: Met Police
A 20-year-old from Chadwell Heath has been charged with perverting the course of justice by detectives investigating the death of Jordan Douherty, who was stabbed to death in Collier Row in June.
William Nayya-Welly, 20, of Shepherds Close, Chadwell Heath, was arrested on Thursday, July 19, in connection with the murder.
He was charged later that same day with perverting the course of justice and remanded to Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, 20 July).
Detectives have already charged a 16-year-old boy with Jordan Douherty’s murder.
The tenager was arrested on Wednesday, June 27, at an address in Newham on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was charged on Thursday, June 28 and attended Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday, June 29.
He was remanded to appear in custody at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, 3 July.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
He was remanded in custody at a Youth Detention Centre and a trial date has provisionally been set for November.
Police were called to the North Romford Community Centre, Clockhouse Lane, Collier Row, at 9.05pm on Saturday, June 23, after reports of a large fight following a birthday party.
Jordan was found suffering from stab wounds on the street nearby the centre. He died a short time later.
The investigation into Jordan’s murder continues.