Chadwell Heath man charged with perverting the course of justice over Jordan Douherty murder investigation
- Credit: Met Police
A 20-year-old from Chadwell Heath has been charged with perverting the course of justice by detectives investigating the death of Jordan Douherty, who was stabbed to death in Collier Row in June.
William Nayya-Welly, 20, of Shepherds Close, Chadwell Heath, was arrested on Thursday, July 19, in connection with the murder.
He was charged later that same day with perverting the course of justice and remanded to Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, 20 July).
Detectives have already charged a 16-year-old boy with Jordan Douherty’s murder.
The tenager was arrested on Wednesday, June 27, at an address in Newham on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was charged on Thursday, June 28 and attended Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday, June 29.
He was remanded to appear in custody at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, 3 July.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 7 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
He was remanded in custody at a Youth Detention Centre and a trial date has provisionally been set for November.
Police were called to the North Romford Community Centre, Clockhouse Lane, Collier Row, at 9.05pm on Saturday, June 23, after reports of a large fight following a birthday party.
Jordan was found suffering from stab wounds on the street nearby the centre. He died a short time later.
The investigation into Jordan’s murder continues.