CCTV images released after Hornchurch man assaulted at Romford station
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man from Hornchurch was assaulted by two men after he challenged them over their abusive behaviour to other passengers, transport police have said.
He suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack which occurred on a platform at Romford station at about 11.25pm on November 27.
British Transport Police have released images of two men they want to trace in relation to the incident.
Detective Constable Tim Keep said: “The victim has required specialist treatment at Moorfields Eye Hospital since the attack.”
“The rail network is a safe place, and I would like to reassure the public that incidents like this are rare.
“The men in the images I am releasing today will have information about what took place on that night. I would urge them, or anyone who knows them, to contact BTP.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 169 of 3/2/16.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 6 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 7 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 8 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 9 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 10 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.