CCTV images released after Hornchurch man assaulted at Romford station
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man from Hornchurch was assaulted by two men after he challenged them over their abusive behaviour to other passengers, transport police have said.
He suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack which occurred on a platform at Romford station at about 11.25pm on November 27.
British Transport Police have released images of two men they want to trace in relation to the incident.
Detective Constable Tim Keep said: “The victim has required specialist treatment at Moorfields Eye Hospital since the attack.”
“The rail network is a safe place, and I would like to reassure the public that incidents like this are rare.
You may also want to watch:
“The men in the images I am releasing today will have information about what took place on that night. I would urge them, or anyone who knows them, to contact BTP.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 169 of 3/2/16.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.