CCTV images released after Hornchurch man assaulted at Romford station
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man from Hornchurch was assaulted by two men after he challenged them over their abusive behaviour to other passengers, transport police have said.
He suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack which occurred on a platform at Romford station at about 11.25pm on November 27.
British Transport Police have released images of two men they want to trace in relation to the incident.
Detective Constable Tim Keep said: “The victim has required specialist treatment at Moorfields Eye Hospital since the attack.”
“The rail network is a safe place, and I would like to reassure the public that incidents like this are rare.
You may also want to watch:
“The men in the images I am releasing today will have information about what took place on that night. I would urge them, or anyone who knows them, to contact BTP.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 169 of 3/2/16.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 7 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.