CCTV images released after Hornchurch man assaulted at Romford station
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man from Hornchurch was assaulted by two men after he challenged them over their abusive behaviour to other passengers, transport police have said.
He suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack which occurred on a platform at Romford station at about 11.25pm on November 27.
British Transport Police have released images of two men they want to trace in relation to the incident.
Detective Constable Tim Keep said: “The victim has required specialist treatment at Moorfields Eye Hospital since the attack.”
“The rail network is a safe place, and I would like to reassure the public that incidents like this are rare.
You may also want to watch:
“The men in the images I am releasing today will have information about what took place on that night. I would urge them, or anyone who knows them, to contact BTP.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference 169 of 3/2/16.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.