Car driven into crowd of students outside Havering College, Hornchurch
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
A car was driven into a group of students outside Havering College, injuring one.
Police are not treating the incident as terrorist-related and are appealing for information.
They were called at 3pm on Monday, May 15 to Havering College of Further Education, in Ardleigh Green Road, Hornchurch where a white Vauxhall saloon car had mounted the pavement, driven into a group of students and then left without stopping.
London Ambulance Service attended and took a 17-year-old man to hospital with cuts and bruises to his left arm and leg. He was later discharged.
There are no other reported injuries. The incident is being treated as GBH with intent.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries continue and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information on what happened, or has captured video footage/images of the car driving into the crowd of students is urged to contact the investigation team on 020 8345 1626, or via 101, or by tweeting @MetCC.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 3 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 'Hugely destructive': Action group slams proposed Lower Thames Crossing
- 6 Romford Junior Raiders sign forward James Hounsome
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.