Burglars targeted five Brentwood homes in six hours
�Police are appealing for witnesses after a spate of five broad-daylight burglaries in Brentwood on Tuesday.
All the raids took place between the hours of 1pm and 7.30pm, and affected properties in Hutton and Pilgrims Hatch.
Four occurred within one mile of each other, in an area of Hutton which only had eight reported burglaries in the whole of August.
Crooks broke into two houses in Hanging Hill Lane, one by smashing a rear conservatory window. From that house, jewellery and foreign currency was stolen.
The other had a ground floor window smashed but nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Near Hillwood Grove, a rear kitchen patio window was smashed and a watch, cash and a passport were stolen.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
In Priests Lane, a ground floor window was smashed and cash and jewellery were stolen, while in Danes Way, Pilgrims Hatch, a door was forced open but it isn’t yet known what was taken.
Brentwood’s Chief Insp, Simon Werrett, said: “These burglaries happened within a short time frame during the day.
“Were you in any of these areas and heard the sound of smashing glass? Did you notice any vehicles or people acting suspiciously? If you have any information please contact us.”
Earlier this year police encouraged people to use Crimestoppers to claim a �1,000 reward for passing on information which leads to the successful prosecution of burglars.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Brentwood Police Station on 101, or 0300 333 4444 if calling from outside Essex, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.