Burglars targeted five Brentwood homes in six hours
�Police are appealing for witnesses after a spate of five broad-daylight burglaries in Brentwood on Tuesday.
All the raids took place between the hours of 1pm and 7.30pm, and affected properties in Hutton and Pilgrims Hatch.
Four occurred within one mile of each other, in an area of Hutton which only had eight reported burglaries in the whole of August.
Crooks broke into two houses in Hanging Hill Lane, one by smashing a rear conservatory window. From that house, jewellery and foreign currency was stolen.
The other had a ground floor window smashed but nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Near Hillwood Grove, a rear kitchen patio window was smashed and a watch, cash and a passport were stolen.
- 1 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 4 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 5 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 6 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 7 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 8 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
In Priests Lane, a ground floor window was smashed and cash and jewellery were stolen, while in Danes Way, Pilgrims Hatch, a door was forced open but it isn’t yet known what was taken.
Brentwood’s Chief Insp, Simon Werrett, said: “These burglaries happened within a short time frame during the day.
“Were you in any of these areas and heard the sound of smashing glass? Did you notice any vehicles or people acting suspiciously? If you have any information please contact us.”
Earlier this year police encouraged people to use Crimestoppers to claim a �1,000 reward for passing on information which leads to the successful prosecution of burglars.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Brentwood Police Station on 101, or 0300 333 4444 if calling from outside Essex, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.