Burglars smash into a Brentwood supermarket during late night raid
Burglars stole a five-figure sum of cash from a Brentwood supermarket after a late-night raid.
The men broke into the Co-op store, in Rayleigh Road, Hutton, smashing their way through the back doors on Sunday, November 4, just before 11.30pm.
They stole the cash and cigarettes from the store, which was closed at the time.
Police said the burglary was reported to them just before 6am the following morning.
CCTV footage from inside the Co-op has since been handed to the police.
A spokeswoman for The Co-operative Food said: “At around 11.30pm on Sunday, November 4, two people broke into our food store on Rayleigh Road and stole a quantity of cigarettes and cash. The store was closed at the time.
“CCTV has been given to the police and as with any incident such as this; we would appeal for anyone with information to come forward.”
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 6 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 7 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
The men were described as in their late teens or early 20s, wearing light coloured jogging bottoms.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ongar police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.