Burglars smash into a Brentwood supermarket during late night raid
Burglars stole a five-figure sum of cash from a Brentwood supermarket after a late-night raid.
The men broke into the Co-op store, in Rayleigh Road, Hutton, smashing their way through the back doors on Sunday, November 4, just before 11.30pm.
They stole the cash and cigarettes from the store, which was closed at the time.
Police said the burglary was reported to them just before 6am the following morning.
CCTV footage from inside the Co-op has since been handed to the police.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for The Co-operative Food said: “At around 11.30pm on Sunday, November 4, two people broke into our food store on Rayleigh Road and stole a quantity of cigarettes and cash. The store was closed at the time.
“CCTV has been given to the police and as with any incident such as this; we would appeal for anyone with information to come forward.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
The men were described as in their late teens or early 20s, wearing light coloured jogging bottoms.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ongar police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.