Burglars smash into a Brentwood supermarket during late night raid
Burglars stole a five-figure sum of cash from a Brentwood supermarket after a late-night raid.
The men broke into the Co-op store, in Rayleigh Road, Hutton, smashing their way through the back doors on Sunday, November 4, just before 11.30pm.
They stole the cash and cigarettes from the store, which was closed at the time.
Police said the burglary was reported to them just before 6am the following morning.
CCTV footage from inside the Co-op has since been handed to the police.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for The Co-operative Food said: “At around 11.30pm on Sunday, November 4, two people broke into our food store on Rayleigh Road and stole a quantity of cigarettes and cash. The store was closed at the time.
“CCTV has been given to the police and as with any incident such as this; we would appeal for anyone with information to come forward.”
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
The men were described as in their late teens or early 20s, wearing light coloured jogging bottoms.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ongar police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.