Burglars smash into a Brentwood supermarket during late night raid
Burglars stole a five-figure sum of cash from a Brentwood supermarket after a late-night raid.
The men broke into the Co-op store, in Rayleigh Road, Hutton, smashing their way through the back doors on Sunday, November 4, just before 11.30pm.
They stole the cash and cigarettes from the store, which was closed at the time.
Police said the burglary was reported to them just before 6am the following morning.
CCTV footage from inside the Co-op has since been handed to the police.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for The Co-operative Food said: “At around 11.30pm on Sunday, November 4, two people broke into our food store on Rayleigh Road and stole a quantity of cigarettes and cash. The store was closed at the time.
“CCTV has been given to the police and as with any incident such as this; we would appeal for anyone with information to come forward.”
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 9 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
The men were described as in their late teens or early 20s, wearing light coloured jogging bottoms.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ongar police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.