Brentwood school’s former caretaker charged over historic rape allegations
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A former school caretaker from Brentwood has been charged by police on suspicion of sexually assaulting a teenager several years ago.
Dale Morris, of Gloucester Road, Pilgrims Hatch, has been charged with one count of raping the girl in Essex between 2005 and 2007 and one count of raping the same girl between 2009 and 2011 in Norfolk.
The 45-year-old worked at Brentwood County High School, but it is not believed the girl is connected to the school in any way.
Morris was arrested on April 30 this year following reports a woman in her 20s had been the victim of historic sexual assault.
He was released on bail pending further enquiries, which an Essex Police spokesman said have now concluded.
You may also want to watch:
Morris, who is still on bail, will appear at Basildon Crown Court on January 22 2014.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says