Brentwood school’s former caretaker charged over historic rape allegations
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A former school caretaker from Brentwood has been charged by police on suspicion of sexually assaulting a teenager several years ago.
Dale Morris, of Gloucester Road, Pilgrims Hatch, has been charged with one count of raping the girl in Essex between 2005 and 2007 and one count of raping the same girl between 2009 and 2011 in Norfolk.
The 45-year-old worked at Brentwood County High School, but it is not believed the girl is connected to the school in any way.
Morris was arrested on April 30 this year following reports a woman in her 20s had been the victim of historic sexual assault.
He was released on bail pending further enquiries, which an Essex Police spokesman said have now concluded.
You may also want to watch:
Morris, who is still on bail, will appear at Basildon Crown Court on January 22 2014.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted