Brentwood school’s former caretaker charged over historic rape allegations
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A former school caretaker from Brentwood has been charged by police on suspicion of sexually assaulting a teenager several years ago.
Dale Morris, of Gloucester Road, Pilgrims Hatch, has been charged with one count of raping the girl in Essex between 2005 and 2007 and one count of raping the same girl between 2009 and 2011 in Norfolk.
The 45-year-old worked at Brentwood County High School, but it is not believed the girl is connected to the school in any way.
Morris was arrested on April 30 this year following reports a woman in her 20s had been the victim of historic sexual assault.
He was released on bail pending further enquiries, which an Essex Police spokesman said have now concluded.
You may also want to watch:
Morris, who is still on bail, will appear at Basildon Crown Court on January 22 2014.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage