Brentwood: Man’s ear is bitten in street attack
- Credit: Archant
A man had the top of his ear bitten off in an attack on Easter Monday.
The man, 19, and another victim had been involved in an altercation near Eclipse nightclub at about 3.15am.
He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, but the other man, who suffered minor injuries, did not need hospital treatment.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We are investigating an assault on two men which initially occurred in Brentwood High Street at about 3.15am on Monday. Two men are reported to have been involved in an altercation with a number of men close to the Eclipse nightclub.
“A further altercation is reported to have take place in William Hunter Way. One of the men, a 19-year-old, suffered a major injury to his ear in which the top third is believed to have been bitten off.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to Queen’s Hospital for treatment.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimsetoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected