Brentwood: Man’s ear is bitten in street attack
- Credit: Archant
A man had the top of his ear bitten off in an attack on Easter Monday.
The man, 19, and another victim had been involved in an altercation near Eclipse nightclub at about 3.15am.
He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, but the other man, who suffered minor injuries, did not need hospital treatment.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We are investigating an assault on two men which initially occurred in Brentwood High Street at about 3.15am on Monday. Two men are reported to have been involved in an altercation with a number of men close to the Eclipse nightclub.
“A further altercation is reported to have take place in William Hunter Way. One of the men, a 19-year-old, suffered a major injury to his ear in which the top third is believed to have been bitten off.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to Queen’s Hospital for treatment.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimsetoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown