Brentwood: Man’s ear is bitten in street attack
- Credit: Archant
A man had the top of his ear bitten off in an attack on Easter Monday.
The man, 19, and another victim had been involved in an altercation near Eclipse nightclub at about 3.15am.
He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, but the other man, who suffered minor injuries, did not need hospital treatment.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We are investigating an assault on two men which initially occurred in Brentwood High Street at about 3.15am on Monday. Two men are reported to have been involved in an altercation with a number of men close to the Eclipse nightclub.
“A further altercation is reported to have take place in William Hunter Way. One of the men, a 19-year-old, suffered a major injury to his ear in which the top third is believed to have been bitten off.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to Queen’s Hospital for treatment.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimsetoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel