Brentwood: Man’s ear is bitten in street attack
- Credit: Archant
A man had the top of his ear bitten off in an attack on Easter Monday.
The man, 19, and another victim had been involved in an altercation near Eclipse nightclub at about 3.15am.
He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, but the other man, who suffered minor injuries, did not need hospital treatment.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We are investigating an assault on two men which initially occurred in Brentwood High Street at about 3.15am on Monday. Two men are reported to have been involved in an altercation with a number of men close to the Eclipse nightclub.
“A further altercation is reported to have take place in William Hunter Way. One of the men, a 19-year-old, suffered a major injury to his ear in which the top third is believed to have been bitten off.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken to Queen’s Hospital for treatment.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimsetoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together