Brentwood man is fighting for life after assault
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A 21-year-old man has been left fighting for his life after an assault in Brentwood.
It happened outside Eclipse nightclub next to Sainsbury’s car park, in William Hunter Way, yesterday at 3.30am.
A man, from Brentwood, was punched in the face and fell to the floor. He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, where Essex Police said he is in a critical, life-threatening condition.
A man, 26, also from Brentwood, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault and was questioned by detectives at Grays police station.
Police are looking to speak to revellers who were inside the nightclub and saw a fight between two men and anyone waiting outside at the nearby taxi rank who witnessed the assault near the car park.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact detectives at Brentwood police station on 101.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 7 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back