Brentwood churchyard searched in connection with sexual assault
Police in Brentwood closed off a road close to St Thomas Church last Friday (May 13) while they carried out investigations into reports of a sexual assault nearby.
St Thomas Road was shut for about 24 hours and detectives are urgently appealing for witnesses to come forward.
They are looking for people who were in the area on the night of the royal wedding (April 29) between 9 and 10pm.
A local woman in her 40s has told police that she was assaulted with a sexual motive. Specialist officers are currently working with her to find out more information.
Detectives need to speak to anyone who was in the area and may remember seeing anything in or near the churchyard.
Det Insp Kevin Shannon said: “The victim was reluctant to report this to police and therefore we have to investigate this incident with great sensitivity.”
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact detectives at Harlow on 0300 333 4444, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 7 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 8 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'