Brentwood churchyard searched in connection with sexual assault
Police in Brentwood closed off a road close to St Thomas Church last Friday (May 13) while they carried out investigations into reports of a sexual assault nearby.
St Thomas Road was shut for about 24 hours and detectives are urgently appealing for witnesses to come forward.
They are looking for people who were in the area on the night of the royal wedding (April 29) between 9 and 10pm.
A local woman in her 40s has told police that she was assaulted with a sexual motive. Specialist officers are currently working with her to find out more information.
Detectives need to speak to anyone who was in the area and may remember seeing anything in or near the churchyard.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Kevin Shannon said: “The victim was reluctant to report this to police and therefore we have to investigate this incident with great sensitivity.”
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact detectives at Harlow on 0300 333 4444, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57