BREAKING NEWS: Young man stabbed in Romford town centre
A MAN was stabbed in Romford town centre in the early hours of this morning (Friday November 19).
Patrolling police officers found the 23-year-old with several injuries to the chest and arm in a car park behind A1 cabs, in South Street, at around 4am.
The victim was taken by London Ambulance Service (LAS) to an east London hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Victoria Road and South Street was sealed off and declared a crime scene while forensic teams and detectives investigated.
The roads were reopened just before 8am.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “South Street is a very busy area even at this hour in the morning and police would appeal for any witnesses that saw the incident - or anyone who was information relating to the incident call DC Yeoman at Romford CID on: 0300 123 1212.”
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London