BREAKING NEWS: Young man stabbed in Romford town centre
A MAN was stabbed in Romford town centre in the early hours of this morning (Friday November 19).
Patrolling police officers found the 23-year-old with several injuries to the chest and arm in a car park behind A1 cabs, in South Street, at around 4am.
The victim was taken by London Ambulance Service (LAS) to an east London hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Victoria Road and South Street was sealed off and declared a crime scene while forensic teams and detectives investigated.
The roads were reopened just before 8am.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “South Street is a very busy area even at this hour in the morning and police would appeal for any witnesses that saw the incident - or anyone who was information relating to the incident call DC Yeoman at Romford CID on: 0300 123 1212.”
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase