BREAKING NEWS: Body of newborn infant found in Rainham
The body of a newborn baby was found in Rainham yesterday afternoon
Walkers discovered the baby girl in undergrowth beside the Ingrebourne River, on the south side of the A13, at around 4.30pm and alerted two PCSOs.
The scene remains cordoned off and specialist teams are currently scouring the area for clues.
A postmortem is being arranged, but it is believed the infant was stillborn.
Detectives from the Child Abuse Investigation Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell