BREAKING NEWS: Body of newborn infant found in Rainham
The body of a newborn baby was found in Rainham yesterday afternoon
Walkers discovered the baby girl in undergrowth beside the Ingrebourne River, on the south side of the A13, at around 4.30pm and alerted two PCSOs.
The scene remains cordoned off and specialist teams are currently scouring the area for clues.
A postmortem is being arranged, but it is believed the infant was stillborn.
Detectives from the Child Abuse Investigation Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 9 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back