BREAKING NEWS: Body of newborn infant found in Rainham
The body of a newborn baby was found in Rainham yesterday afternoon
Walkers discovered the baby girl in undergrowth beside the Ingrebourne River, on the south side of the A13, at around 4.30pm and alerted two PCSOs.
The scene remains cordoned off and specialist teams are currently scouring the area for clues.
A postmortem is being arranged, but it is believed the infant was stillborn.
Detectives from the Child Abuse Investigation Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme