BREAKING NEWS: Body of newborn infant found in Rainham
The body of a newborn baby was found in Rainham yesterday afternoon
Walkers discovered the baby girl in undergrowth beside the Ingrebourne River, on the south side of the A13, at around 4.30pm and alerted two PCSOs.
The scene remains cordoned off and specialist teams are currently scouring the area for clues.
A postmortem is being arranged, but it is believed the infant was stillborn.
Detectives from the Child Abuse Investigation Command are investigating.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
- 1 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Aklu Plaza submits plans to convert third floor into banqueting suite
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 8 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Rainham councillors publish 'plan B' for Beam Park transport links
- 10 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden