BREAKING NEWS: Blood-soaked knife suspect flees on Elm Park Tube
A man is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after he was repeatedly stabbed in his Elm Park flat, early this morning.
A blood-stained suspect fled by Tube train just before the morning rush-hour, Havering Police said.
The 50-year-old victim, from Elm Park Avenue, has serious face and chest injuries, following the assault at just after 5am today (March 9).
Two suspects, both men, made their way to Elm Park Underground Station, police said, where one boarded a westbound train at 5.36am.
He is described as white, with grey hair, aged about 50, and was wearing a dark-coloured bomber jacket with light-coloured jeans.
You may also want to watch:
He had a wound to his head, and had blood-stained clothing.
The other man is also white, aged in his mid-20s, with dark hair, and was wearing dark clothing, including a Lonsdale jumper and Addidas tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 2 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 3 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 4 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 10 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
He made his way to the Elm Park Hotel area, in Elm Park Avenue, after the older man boarded the train, and appeared to be waiting around on the street.
Detectives from the Violent Crime Unit at Romford CID are investigating.
If you have any information regarding this incident contact Dc Andy Ferne on: 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on: 0800 555 111