BREAKING NEWS: Blood-soaked knife suspect flees on Elm Park Tube
A man is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after he was repeatedly stabbed in his Elm Park flat, early this morning.
A blood-stained suspect fled by Tube train just before the morning rush-hour, Havering Police said.
The 50-year-old victim, from Elm Park Avenue, has serious face and chest injuries, following the assault at just after 5am today (March 9).
Two suspects, both men, made their way to Elm Park Underground Station, police said, where one boarded a westbound train at 5.36am.
He is described as white, with grey hair, aged about 50, and was wearing a dark-coloured bomber jacket with light-coloured jeans.
You may also want to watch:
He had a wound to his head, and had blood-stained clothing.
The other man is also white, aged in his mid-20s, with dark hair, and was wearing dark clothing, including a Lonsdale jumper and Addidas tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 10 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
He made his way to the Elm Park Hotel area, in Elm Park Avenue, after the older man boarded the train, and appeared to be waiting around on the street.
Detectives from the Violent Crime Unit at Romford CID are investigating.
If you have any information regarding this incident contact Dc Andy Ferne on: 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on: 0800 555 111