Brazen thief breaks into family home and steals car while owners sleep
- Credit: Archant
A family has been left “absolutely devastated” after a thief broke into their home while they were sleeping and fled with an expensive Range Rover.
The burglary took place last Friday at 1.40am in Avelon Road, Collier Row, after a thief managed to break and enter the front door.
The thief then managed to quickly spot car keys on a downstairs table before the owners woke up to the sound of the car’s engine revving.
Before speeding off, the thief calamitously crashed the black Range Rover into a wall at the front of property.
The owner, who wished to remain anonymous, has lived at the house for 49 years and says she has “never experienced anything like this before”.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It was incredibly scary, we are now constantly checking locks and any slight noise at night wakes me up.
“I just want everyone in the area to be aware and to please contact police if they saw or know anything which may help.”
- 1 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 2 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
The Metropolitan Police confirmed they had conducted an investigation into a burglary at the home but the case is closed until any new evidence comes to light.
Anyone with information in relation to the burglary is urged to contact police on 101.