Brazen thief breaks into family home and steals car while owners sleep
- Credit: Archant
A family has been left “absolutely devastated” after a thief broke into their home while they were sleeping and fled with an expensive Range Rover.
The burglary took place last Friday at 1.40am in Avelon Road, Collier Row, after a thief managed to break and enter the front door.
The thief then managed to quickly spot car keys on a downstairs table before the owners woke up to the sound of the car’s engine revving.
Before speeding off, the thief calamitously crashed the black Range Rover into a wall at the front of property.
The owner, who wished to remain anonymous, has lived at the house for 49 years and says she has “never experienced anything like this before”.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It was incredibly scary, we are now constantly checking locks and any slight noise at night wakes me up.
“I just want everyone in the area to be aware and to please contact police if they saw or know anything which may help.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
The Metropolitan Police confirmed they had conducted an investigation into a burglary at the home but the case is closed until any new evidence comes to light.
Anyone with information in relation to the burglary is urged to contact police on 101.