Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 14-year-old boy was taken to hospital with a slash injury to his face following a robbery in Rainham.
Police were called to Rainham Road yesterday (August 2) at 7.02pm following reports that two teenage boys had been assaulted.
Officers attended and established that a robbery had taken place.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) also attended and a 14-year-old was taken to an east London hospital with a slash injury to his face.
A bag containing personal items was reported as stolen, police said.
A second 14-year-old boy did not require hospital treatment.
An investigation has been launched and officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or has useful information about what took place.
- 1 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 9 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 10 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 621602Aug. Information can also be provided, anonymously, by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.