Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 14-year-old boy was taken to hospital with a slash injury to his face following a robbery in Rainham.
Police were called to Rainham Road yesterday (August 2) at 7.02pm following reports that two teenage boys had been assaulted.
Officers attended and established that a robbery had taken place.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) also attended and a 14-year-old was taken to an east London hospital with a slash injury to his face.
A bag containing personal items was reported as stolen, police said.
A second 14-year-old boy did not require hospital treatment.
An investigation has been launched and officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or has useful information about what took place.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 4 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 5 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 6 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 7 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 8 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 621602Aug. Information can also be provided, anonymously, by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.