Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 14-year-old boy was taken to hospital with a slash injury to his face following a robbery in Rainham.
Police were called to Rainham Road yesterday (August 2) at 7.02pm following reports that two teenage boys had been assaulted.
Officers attended and established that a robbery had taken place.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) also attended and a 14-year-old was taken to an east London hospital with a slash injury to his face.
A bag containing personal items was reported as stolen, police said.
A second 14-year-old boy did not require hospital treatment.
An investigation has been launched and officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or has useful information about what took place.
- 1 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 2 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 3 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 4 Collier Row pub applies to 'enhance outdoor seating experience'
- 5 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 6 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 7 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 8 Up to 21m, 35,000sqm redevelopment of Rainham industrial site given green light
- 9 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 10 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting CAD 621602Aug. Information can also be provided, anonymously, by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.