Boy, 16, pleads guilty to sex attacks on women at Hornchurch and Romford parks
- Credit: Google Maps
A teenage boy has pleaded guilty to a number of sexual offences at two parks,
The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had previously pleaded not guilty to six offences at a hearing in January.
But on Monday, June 26, he changed his plea at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
The offences were committed at Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch, and Raphaels Park, Main Road, Romford, between November and January.
On Armistice Day, Friday, November 11, he exposed himself at Harrow Lodge Park.
You may also want to watch:
And a few weeks later on Wednesday, December 21, at Raphaels Park he again exposed himself, and inappropriately touched a 13-year-old girl.
At Harrow Lodge Park on New Year’s Day, a woman was subjected to a sexual assault by him.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
In addition, he again exposed himself.
A few days later on Wednesday, January 4, he assaulted another woman.
At the hearing on Monday, he was granted bail and subjected to an 8.15pm to 6am curfew and was banned from entering the parks unless supervised by a youth offending support worker.
He must wear an electronic tag. He will be sentenced at a later date.