Body found in search for missing Collier Row man
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for a 36-year-old from Collier Row have found the body of a man.
The body has not been formally identified as Ghenadie Stogu but police have said they are satisfied it is him.
The body was found at 10pm last night (Tues) in a field in Collier Row Road.
Police had appealed to the public for help in tracing Mr Stogu who is of Romanian origin and had last been seen at his home in Dunser Road at about 11am on Monday.
Officers had said they were concerned for his welfare.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will take place in due course but the death is not being treated as suspicious.
Next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 9 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 10 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?