Body found in search for missing Collier Row man
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for a 36-year-old from Collier Row have found the body of a man.
The body has not been formally identified as Ghenadie Stogu but police have said they are satisfied it is him.
The body was found at 10pm last night (Tues) in a field in Collier Row Road.
Police had appealed to the public for help in tracing Mr Stogu who is of Romanian origin and had last been seen at his home in Dunser Road at about 11am on Monday.
Officers had said they were concerned for his welfare.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will take place in due course but the death is not being treated as suspicious.
Next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage