Bell Corner incident: Police called to Thomson travel agency in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
Police are attending an incident at a travel agents with reports that the building has been cordoned off.
The Recorder understands an incident took place at the Thomson travel agency in Bell Corner, Corbets Tey Road, Upminster.
Police were seen at the scene just after 11.30am today.
Police is still at the scene.
Staff at Thomson declined to comment but confirmed everyone working in the shop was safe.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from Upminster Infant School, St Mary’s Lane, said the school was “aware of the situation” and “special measures” had been put into place.
More to follow.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars