Police close Harold Hill bank after suspicious package found
- Credit: Alex Hennessey
Police are at the scene now.
Police have a Harold Hill bank after a suspicious package was found this morning.
Officers were called at 9.36am today (Monday, December 31) to reports of a suspicious package at the Santander branch in Farnham Road.
The store was evacuated as a precaution and road closures were put in place.
At around 11am the cordon was lifted and staff and shopkeepers returned to their businesses.
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for further updates from police on the status of the package.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological