Police close Harold Hill bank after suspicious package found
- Credit: Alex Hennessey
Police are at the scene now.
Police have a Harold Hill bank after a suspicious package was found this morning.
Officers were called at 9.36am today (Monday, December 31) to reports of a suspicious package at the Santander branch in Farnham Road.
The store was evacuated as a precaution and road closures were put in place.
At around 11am the cordon was lifted and staff and shopkeepers returned to their businesses.
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for further updates from police on the status of the package.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster