Police close Harold Hill bank after suspicious package found
- Credit: Alex Hennessey
Police are at the scene now.
Police have a Harold Hill bank after a suspicious package was found this morning.
Officers were called at 9.36am today (Monday, December 31) to reports of a suspicious package at the Santander branch in Farnham Road.
The store was evacuated as a precaution and road closures were put in place.
At around 11am the cordon was lifted and staff and shopkeepers returned to their businesses.
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for further updates from police on the status of the package.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open