Police close Harold Hill bank after suspicious package found
- Credit: Alex Hennessey
Police are at the scene now.
Police have a Harold Hill bank after a suspicious package was found this morning.
Officers were called at 9.36am today (Monday, December 31) to reports of a suspicious package at the Santander branch in Farnham Road.
The store was evacuated as a precaution and road closures were put in place.
At around 11am the cordon was lifted and staff and shopkeepers returned to their businesses.
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for further updates from police on the status of the package.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 3 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority