Youths arrested after raid on Gidea Park newsagent
- Credit: Google
Police dogs and an ambulance were on the scene in Belgrave Avenue, Gidea Park on Saturday afternoon after youths raided a newsagents, leaving a man with knife injuries.
Police were called at 2.20pm on September 27 to Raymond News following reports of a robbery.
Two young men are reported to have entered the premises and a man in his fifties was assaulted and sustained a knife injury to his hand.
The youths then fled after stealing cash and cigarettes.
The man was taken to hospital by London Ambulance, his injury is thought not to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested two people on suspicion of robbery a short time later.
They were taken into custody before being released on bail to a date in late October.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder