Youths arrested after raid on Gidea Park newsagent
- Credit: Google
Police dogs and an ambulance were on the scene in Belgrave Avenue, Gidea Park on Saturday afternoon after youths raided a newsagents, leaving a man with knife injuries.
Police were called at 2.20pm on September 27 to Raymond News following reports of a robbery.
Two young men are reported to have entered the premises and a man in his fifties was assaulted and sustained a knife injury to his hand.
The youths then fled after stealing cash and cigarettes.
The man was taken to hospital by London Ambulance, his injury is thought not to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested two people on suspicion of robbery a short time later.
They were taken into custody before being released on bail to a date in late October.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray