Youths arrested after raid on Gidea Park newsagent
- Credit: Google
Police dogs and an ambulance were on the scene in Belgrave Avenue, Gidea Park on Saturday afternoon after youths raided a newsagents, leaving a man with knife injuries.
Police were called at 2.20pm on September 27 to Raymond News following reports of a robbery.
Two young men are reported to have entered the premises and a man in his fifties was assaulted and sustained a knife injury to his hand.
The youths then fled after stealing cash and cigarettes.
The man was taken to hospital by London Ambulance, his injury is thought not to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested two people on suspicion of robbery a short time later.
They were taken into custody before being released on bail to a date in late October.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?