Youths arrested after raid on Gidea Park newsagent
- Credit: Google
Police dogs and an ambulance were on the scene in Belgrave Avenue, Gidea Park on Saturday afternoon after youths raided a newsagents, leaving a man with knife injuries.
Police were called at 2.20pm on September 27 to Raymond News following reports of a robbery.
Two young men are reported to have entered the premises and a man in his fifties was assaulted and sustained a knife injury to his hand.
The youths then fled after stealing cash and cigarettes.
The man was taken to hospital by London Ambulance, his injury is thought not to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested two people on suspicion of robbery a short time later.
They were taken into custody before being released on bail to a date in late October.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says