Man arrested after late night pursuit in Collier Row and Marks Gate
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a late-night police pursuit in Collier Row and Marks Gate.
The 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and failing to stop after crashing in Padnall Lane, Marks Gate early yesterday (Thursday, January 7).
A Met Police spokesperson said officers on patrol had attempted to stop a driver in Clockhouse Lane, Collier Row at 12.20am.
“The driver of the vehicle did not stop and instead drove off at excessive speed,” the spokesperson said.
“A pursuit was authorised.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle was involved in a collision in Padnall Road a short time later.”
A police vehicle was also damaged. There were no injuries.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 5 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 10 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres