Armed robber poses as delivery man and robs Romford restaurant
A LIMPING gunman used the power of deception to sneak his way into a restaurant and rob �15,000 from the safe.
The armed robber posed as a delivery man to get inside Frankie and Benny’s restaurant, in The Brewery, Romford, on Monday this week and swiped the cash while holding the manager at gunpoint.
He was a “heavily built dark-skinned black man who had dreadlocks and a plaster covering part of his top lip” a Havering Police spokesman said.
The spokesman added: “It was clear he had a pronounced limp.”
The armed robber arrived at the branch of the American-Italian 50s restaurant at about 8.15am, when the restaurant was open for breakfast.
You may also want to watch:
He wore a fluorescent tabard and told staff he was a delivery man to gain access.
He produced a gun and pointed it at the manager demanding he open the safe.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
The manager handed over in the region of �15,000.
The robber made of on foot, still limping, across The Brewery car park, across Waterloo Road and into the Waterloo Road Estate.
A spokesman for Frankie and Benny’s would not comment on the incident but said: “We are co-operating fully with the police.”
Anyone with information relating to the incident is asked to contact DC Laurie Bays of the Flying Squad on 0208 3454226.