CCTV appeal after teenage couple targeted in violent robbery on train
- Credit: British Transport Police
A teenage boy was punched repeatedly and a teenage girl assaulted in a violent robbery on a train travelling from Upminster to Romford.
At 6.30pm on Sunday, July 25, a teenage boy and girl were approached by two men who repeatedly punched the boy and took his bag.
They also assaulted the girl while she tried to intervene.
The boy followed the two men along the train and, after they continued to fight him, retrieved his bag.
The men then got off the train at Romford station.
British Transport Police (BTP) have released images of two men they believe could assist with their investigation into the incident.
If you recognise them, or have any information, please contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference number 476 of 25/07/21.
- 1 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 2 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 3 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 4 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 5 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 8 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 9 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.