Appeal for witnesses after man left in a critical condition in suspected fight at Vertigo Lounge bar, Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man was left critically injured following an altercation at a Hornchurch bar.
Police were called shortly after midnight on Saturday, 16 December, to reports of a seriously injured man at the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane, Hornchurch.
Officers attended the location along with London Ambulance Service.
Detectives from East Area CID are investigating.
A 33-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering head injuries. His condition is critical.
Officers believe the man was injured falling down stairs having been pushed by another man following an altercation.
A 45-year-old man was arrested several hours later at an address nearby.
- 1 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
- 2 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Plans for new Gidea Park fries and chicken takeaway rejected
- 5 Man on trial for Brentwood double murder was in 'flight mode', court hears
- 6 'I hadn’t done anything wrong’: Romford man wins five-month fight over parking fine
- 7 MP Julia Lopez announces resignation as minister and calls for PM to 'step aside'
- 8 Coroner: Romford man's death followed 'unacceptable failure' in care
- 9 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 10 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call East Area CID on 020 8345 2724.
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.