Appeal for witnesses after man left in a critical condition in suspected fight at Vertigo Lounge bar, Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man was left critically injured following an altercation at a Hornchurch bar.
Police were called shortly after midnight on Saturday, 16 December, to reports of a seriously injured man at the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane, Hornchurch.
Officers attended the location along with London Ambulance Service.
Detectives from East Area CID are investigating.
A 33-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering head injuries. His condition is critical.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the man was injured falling down stairs having been pushed by another man following an altercation.
A 45-year-old man was arrested several hours later at an address nearby.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call East Area CID on 020 8345 2724.
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.