Appeal for witnesses after man left in a critical condition in suspected fight at Vertigo Lounge bar, Hornchurch
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man was left critically injured following an altercation at a Hornchurch bar.
Police were called shortly after midnight on Saturday, 16 December, to reports of a seriously injured man at the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane, Hornchurch.
Officers attended the location along with London Ambulance Service.
Detectives from East Area CID are investigating.
A 33-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering head injuries. His condition is critical.
Officers believe the man was injured falling down stairs having been pushed by another man following an altercation.
A 45-year-old man was arrested several hours later at an address nearby.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 3 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 6 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 7 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 10 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call East Area CID on 020 8345 2724.
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.