Appeal: Did you know missing Romford teenager Suzanne Lawrence last seen in Highbury in 1979?
- Credit: Archant
In 1979 a Romford schoolgirl called Suzanne Lawrence went missing from home and was never seen again.
Police launched a major hunt for the 14-year-old who vanished in late July 1979.
Suzanne and her sister, Michelle told their mother they were going to stay with a girlfriend in Dagenham.
On August 7, 1979, Michelle returned home and said the sisters had been staying at a house in Highbury, Islington.
She said Suzanne would be coming home that night. But she never arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Her mother Pauline Lawrence, of Leamington Road, Harold Hill, made press appeals pleading for her daughter’s safe return.
Police had a theory Suzanne may have joined up with a Highbury fairground after a reported sighting.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 6 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
But the Naeve School pupil was never found.
Did you know Suzanne Lawrence? Reporter Emma Youle would like to hear from you. Contact 020 7433 0122 or email@example.com