Appeal: Did you know missing Romford teenager Suzanne Lawrence last seen in Highbury in 1979?
- Credit: Archant
In 1979 a Romford schoolgirl called Suzanne Lawrence went missing from home and was never seen again.
Police launched a major hunt for the 14-year-old who vanished in late July 1979.
Suzanne and her sister, Michelle told their mother they were going to stay with a girlfriend in Dagenham.
On August 7, 1979, Michelle returned home and said the sisters had been staying at a house in Highbury, Islington.
She said Suzanne would be coming home that night. But she never arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Her mother Pauline Lawrence, of Leamington Road, Harold Hill, made press appeals pleading for her daughter’s safe return.
Police had a theory Suzanne may have joined up with a Highbury fairground after a reported sighting.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
- 10 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
But the Naeve School pupil was never found.
Did you know Suzanne Lawrence? Reporter Emma Youle would like to hear from you. Contact 020 7433 0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org