Appeal: Did you know missing Romford teenager Suzanne Lawrence last seen in Highbury in 1979?
- Credit: Archant
In 1979 a Romford schoolgirl called Suzanne Lawrence went missing from home and was never seen again.
Police launched a major hunt for the 14-year-old who vanished in late July 1979.
Suzanne and her sister, Michelle told their mother they were going to stay with a girlfriend in Dagenham.
On August 7, 1979, Michelle returned home and said the sisters had been staying at a house in Highbury, Islington.
She said Suzanne would be coming home that night. But she never arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Her mother Pauline Lawrence, of Leamington Road, Harold Hill, made press appeals pleading for her daughter’s safe return.
Police had a theory Suzanne may have joined up with a Highbury fairground after a reported sighting.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
But the Naeve School pupil was never found.
Did you know Suzanne Lawrence? Reporter Emma Youle would like to hear from you. Contact 020 7433 0122 or email@example.com