Woman's drink 'spiked' in Brentwood pub
- Credit: PA WIRE
The police are investigating after a woman's drink was reportedly spiked at a pub in Brentwood.
Essex Police released an image of a man officers would like to speak to in connection with the incident in Brentwood High Street - and he has now been found.
It was reported that the woman, who is in her 20s, became unwell at the Slug and Lettuce some time after 11.15pm on Saturday, August 7.
An Essex Police spokesperson said: "We believe she may have been approached by a man who put his arms around her and kissed her cheek.
"We understand that a number of women may have felt unwell at the same premises that night and would encourage them to report it to us if they haven't done so already."
You may also want to watch:
If you were at the pub and saw something suspicious, please contact Essex Police with the crime reference number 42/163187/21.
Submit details online at essex.police.uk or use the live chat link to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
You can also call 101 or to remain anonymous ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.