'Don’t hesitate': Police appeal for witnesses to Hornchurch stabbing
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a woman was stabbed in Hornchurch.
Officers were called just after 4.10pm on Monday, June 28 to reports of a stabbing at the Sainsbury's car park in Billet Lane.
The victim - a 28-year-old woman who suffered knife wounds - was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
Her condition, “although serious," Scotland Yard said, is no longer “life-threatening”.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London station.
Det Insp Umer Iqbal, of the East Area Basic Command Unit, said: “This incident took place in a car park at a busy time of day and I am confident that there are people we haven’t yet spoken to who will have seen what happened.
“I am very keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or the sequence of events leading up to it, particularly anyone with dash-cam or mobile phone footage.
“If you can help our investigation please don’t hesitate to get in touch.”
- 1 Dispersal order enforced in Romford as crime increases
- 2 Stakeholders' silence over Romford's The Liberty sale reports
- 3 Cranham woman ‘near to tears’ after 7.5-hour wait with painful tooth infection
- 4 Man dies after Romford car park incident
- 5 Shop worker racially abused in Brentwood Tesco
- 6 Estate agency opens first Havering branch in Hornchurch
- 7 Harold Hill venue named best banqueting suite of the year with award
- 8 Upminster nursery 'deeply disappointed' by Ofsted outcome
- 9 Fried chicken chain Popeyes to open Romford restaurant
- 10 Tributes paid to 'loving' grandad who died in A127 car crash
Information and footage relating to this crime can be reported to the police by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC quoting 4955/28JUN.
Alternatively, anonymous information can be reported to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.