'Don’t hesitate': Police appeal for witnesses to Hornchurch stabbing
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a woman was stabbed in Hornchurch.
Officers were called just after 4.10pm on Monday, June 28 to reports of a stabbing at the Sainsbury's car park in Billet Lane.
The victim - a 28-year-old woman who suffered knife wounds - was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
Her condition, “although serious," Scotland Yard said, is no longer “life-threatening”.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London station.
Det Insp Umer Iqbal, of the East Area Basic Command Unit, said: “This incident took place in a car park at a busy time of day and I am confident that there are people we haven’t yet spoken to who will have seen what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or the sequence of events leading up to it, particularly anyone with dash-cam or mobile phone footage.
“If you can help our investigation please don’t hesitate to get in touch.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Information and footage relating to this crime can be reported to the police by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC quoting 4955/28JUN.
Alternatively, anonymous information can be reported to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.