'Don’t hesitate': Police appeal for witnesses to Hornchurch stabbing
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a woman was stabbed in Hornchurch.
Officers were called just after 4.10pm on Monday, June 28 to reports of a stabbing at the Sainsbury's car park in Billet Lane.
The victim - a 28-year-old woman who suffered knife wounds - was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
Her condition, “although serious," Scotland Yard said, is no longer “life-threatening”.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London station.
Det Insp Umer Iqbal, of the East Area Basic Command Unit, said: “This incident took place in a car park at a busy time of day and I am confident that there are people we haven’t yet spoken to who will have seen what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or the sequence of events leading up to it, particularly anyone with dash-cam or mobile phone footage.
“If you can help our investigation please don’t hesitate to get in touch.”
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 8 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Information and footage relating to this crime can be reported to the police by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC quoting 4955/28JUN.
Alternatively, anonymous information can be reported to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.