Police appeal after pedestrian killed and another injured in Harold Hill collision
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a car collided with two pedestrians - killing one - in Harold Hill.
Police were called around 12.10am on Saturday, July 11 to reports of the collision on Petersfield Avenue, at the junction with St Neots Road.
Despite the efforts of the paramedics, a 58-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin has been informed.
Another pedestrian, also 58, was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The 36-year-old driver of the car did not stop at the scene but was arrested a short time later on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
- 1 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
He has since been released under investigation.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating and would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision or saw the car leaving the scene.
Officers also ask that anyone who was driving in the area, and has a dash cam, check their footage for anything that might help the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the serious collison investigation unit on 020 8597 4874 or via 101, quoting reference Cad 105/11Jul.