Police officer in court charged with rape
Sophie Corcoran, PA
- Credit: PA WIRE
An East Area police officer has appeared in court charged with raping a woman at a central London hotel.
Pc Adam Zaman, of Kingston Road in Romford, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, October 27 before District Judge Snow.
The 28-year-old, who was represented by Ricky Blennerhassett, is accused of raping a woman on Sunday, October 24 at the Andaz Hotel in Liverpool Street.
He denies the allegation put forward by prosecutor Jonathan Bryan.
Mr Bryan told the court the defendant was not on duty at the time of the alleged offence.
During the 15-minute hearing, Pc Zaman, who has been suspended from duty, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address.
District Judge Snow told him he will be remanded in custody until his next appearance at the Old Bailey on November 24.
- 1 Gallows Corner flyover could be shut without government support, TfL warns
- 2 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 3 Neighbours praise developer despite rat problem as blocks are demolished
- 4 Hornchurch baby classes named 'best in Romford'
- 5 MP calls for investigation into alleged vandalism of historic sign
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 ‘No place for hate in Havering’: Protests by far-right group outside Aklu Plaza condemned
- 8 Covid-19: How Havering's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 MP's free trip to Mediterranean tax haven was to 'strengthen relations'
- 10 Photos: Thousands attend Romford Christmas lights switch-on