Acid attack teen, who left Romford woman scarred for life, to be sentenced
- Credit: Archant
A teenager will be sentenced today for throwing acid at a woman on her doorstep.
Tara Quigley, 28, suffered horrific injuries to her face and upper body and still has to undergo two more skin grafts next year after being attacked at her home in Romford.
A 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has pleaded guilty to a charge of throwing corrosive fluid on a person with intent to do grievous bodily harm.
Tara, of Marshalls Road, said earlier this week that it remains a mystery as to why he carried out the attack.
She said she has suffered “horrible” pain and still has to undergo two more skin grafts next year.
You may also want to watch:
Appearing on ITV1’s Daybreak, she said of her attacker: “Some days I hate him, but the majority of the time I feel quite sorry for him, because I feel he is a child who is not capable of making an adult decision, even though he thought he did, he can’t.”
Tara said she answered the door to the boy, a stranger, who asked to speak to “Michelle” shortly before 9pm on April 30.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
She added: “I was at home with my family.
“A young man knocked at my front door, asked me if my name was Michelle, to which I told him my name was Tara, so he left, quite abruptly. He came back about five minutes later and knocked again - as soon as I opened my front door, he just threw the acid at me.”
Tara managed to shut the door after the assault and rinse her face with water while an ambulance was called.
Her pet dog - a long-haired chihuahua - also required treatment.
The teenager will be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court in east London.