A Million Love Songs from Gary Barlow to Great Warley couple in wedding day surprise
- Credit: Archant
For many, getting married is about declaring your love and sharing an emotional experience.
There was a rainbow of emotions at one Great Warley couple’s big day after pop legend Gary Barlow made a surprise entrance.
The singer and former X-Factor judge walked in singing A Million Love Songs at Gary and Sarah Woehrle’s wedding reception at Stapleford Abbots Golf Club in Horsemanside, Stapleford Abbots, on Saturday.
The surprise came following the couple’s campaign to get the Take That man to sing at their wedding after he launched a Twitter competition.
However, the pair were not aware that they had been chosen as one of five winners on their wedding day – an event which they had been planning for the past two years.
“Shocked” bride Sarah said: “It’s just amazing – it still feels surreal.
“It was incredible. We had an amazing day and him being there was the cherry on the cake.”
- 1 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 3 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 4 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 5 'Dangerous' congestion: Harold Wood school's bid to ease 'highway safety issue' with new access gate
- 6 Romford SEND academy asks to change timber cladding for durable alternative
- 7 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 8 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco: Decision on appeal expected following hearing about 87-home development
- 10 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
Gary and Sarah had completely forgotten about the competition after the songwriter announced he had picked his winners.
Little did the couple, who have been together for 10 years, know that Mr Barlow had been in touch with Sarah’s sister Laura Hensley, who worked with friend Kimberley Card to keep the surprise under wraps.
Laura gathered guests before playing A Million Love Songs on a CD player and presenting the couple with a cardboard cutout Gary Barlow after joking about the pair’s ploy to get the singer to attend the wedding.
“Moments later everyone was screaming and going mad when he came out – we were so shocked, we had no clue,” said Sarah.
“We honestly thought there was no hope – it’s the best wedding present ever!”
Wedding photographer John Murray said: “It’s very rare that we get to photograph a popstar, it was a complete surprise!”
Mr Barlow tweeted after the wedding: “First wedding complete! Congratulations Sarah and Gary.”