Crews called to car fire in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A parked car exploded into flames this afternoon near The Brewery shopping centre.
Emergency services were called to Logan Mews, to the rear of a row of shops, at 12.09 after thick black smoke could be seen sweeping over the roads and buildings.
Access to Angel Way was blocked off by police while fire crews dealt with the blaze, which completely destroyed a BMW.
One bystander said: “People were all in the street but no-one knew what happened.”
Another said they heard a “bang”.
All roads are now open.
- 1 Neighbours praise developer despite rat problem as blocks are demolished
- 2 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 3 Rainham woman fears missing puppy was dognapped
- 4 Gallows Corner flyover could be shut without government support, TfL warns
- 5 Hornchurch baby classes named 'best in Romford'
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 ‘No place for hate in Havering’: Protests by far-right group outside Aklu Plaza condemned
- 8 Havering pupil-to-teacher ratio higher than outer London average – and rising
- 9 MP's free trip to Mediterranean tax haven was to 'strengthen relations'
- 10 MP calls for investigation into alleged vandalism of historic sign