Credits rolling for Havering College students
The credits are starting to roll in for four Havering College students determined to break in to the film industry.
Students from the HNC Media Production course at Havering College of Further and Higher Education have been grabbing every opportunity to act as runners, bit part actors and assistant directors.
Classmates Louis Taylor, from Harold Hill, and Daniel Attrill, from Romford, have worked on videos with ex-EastEnders actor James Alexandrou aka Martin Fowler.
Louis, 19, said: “It was fantastic experience as one of the videos with James was being used to pitch an idea for a series to the BBC.”
He has also appeared in two English comedy films.
“I love filmmaking and the opportunities I have through the Media Production course at Havering College, where we have with all the latest cameras and editing software, are fantastic,” he added.
Daniel, 20, whose ambition is to be a film editor and writer, has been a film crew member on music videos for Amy Winehouse’s goddaughter Dionne Bromfield.
- 1 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 2 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 3 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 9 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
Hornchurch resident Connor Boundy, 19, has helped a film crew making an ITV drama.
Havering College Media Lecturer Stephen Pick said: “I am very proud of the way our HNC Media Production students are using their initiative to get as much industry experience as they can.”