Cream of Havering business to be recognised
THE great, good and green of Havering business will gather this evening (Friday October 1) for the borough’s prestigious Havering 2010 Business Awards.
Thirty finalists will be vying to pick up just 10 accolades, including Business Person of the Year, recognising outstanding business acumen in a business owner or employee;
Sustainability, for a company which goes the extra mile to protect or improve the environment, or for sustainable design and construction; and of course, the coveted Havering Business of the Year - recognising the business, big or small, in Havering, which has performed the best during the year.
A spokesman for the awards, organised by Havering Council, said: “We’re looking for a business that stands out. It could be down to financial performance, social responsibility, customer service and loyalty – or another reason that makes you the best.”
Comedian Hardeep Singh will host the event, at City Pavilion, Collier Row Road, Collier Row.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE RECORDER WEBSITE ON MONDAY
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford