CRASH UPDATE: Teen boys killed in road tragedy in Crow Lane, Romford, were passengers in car
The teenagers who died in a horrific car crash in Romford last night were passengers in the vehicle, police said.
Officers were called to Crow Lane, at around 8pm, to a silver three-door Renault Clio overturned.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance also attended.
Two 17-year-old boys were pronounced dead at the scene.
Postmortem examinations are due to be scheduled.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe they know the boys’ identity, but await formal identification and confirmation that next of kin have been informed.
Three other occupants of the Clio were taken to an east London hospital where their injuries are being assessed.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
They are an 18-year-old man, a 15-year-old boy, and a 16-year-old girl.
It is thought two are in a critical condition.
Another man, believed to be aged around 18, who was travelling behind the car on a Honda motorcycle, was treated at the scene for shock.
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit, based at Chadwell Heath, are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.
At this early stage it is understood that no other vehicle was involved.
Roads around the area were closed last night, but have now been re-opened.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist police should call the Road Death Investigation Unit on: 020 8597 4874.
There have been no arrests.
Did you see what happened or do you know the victims? Contact the Recorder news desk on: 0208 477 3988