Cranham Tandoori are highly commended in this year’s Tiffin Cup
A INDIAN restaurant has been highly commended in the Tiffin Cup.
Cranham Tandoori in Avon Road, Upminster was praised in the Tiffin Cup Awards 2010 in the category for best South Asion Restaurant and last week they were presented with their certificate and Chefs Jacket by Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson.
The restaurant’s owner, Shahab Uddin said: “We are really happy that we have been highy commended in the award.
“It is good news for the restaurant and also everyone else in the whole community.”
The annual awards is organised by a cross party group of Members of Parliament known as the Tiffin Club.
You may also want to watch:
Each MP is allowed to nominate one South Asian restaurant from their constituency to go through to the regional finals.
The winners can then attend a grand final cook in at Bellamy’s Restaurant at the Houses Of Parliament.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor