Cranham Tandoori are highly commended in this year’s Tiffin Cup
A INDIAN restaurant has been highly commended in the Tiffin Cup.
Cranham Tandoori in Avon Road, Upminster was praised in the Tiffin Cup Awards 2010 in the category for best South Asion Restaurant and last week they were presented with their certificate and Chefs Jacket by Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson.
The restaurant’s owner, Shahab Uddin said: “We are really happy that we have been highy commended in the award.
“It is good news for the restaurant and also everyone else in the whole community.”
The annual awards is organised by a cross party group of Members of Parliament known as the Tiffin Club.
You may also want to watch:
Each MP is allowed to nominate one South Asian restaurant from their constituency to go through to the regional finals.
The winners can then attend a grand final cook in at Bellamy’s Restaurant at the Houses Of Parliament.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Love is in the hair: Care home helps resident rekindle hairdressing passion