Court: ‘Cocaine dealers had £178k worth of drug in van’
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Three alleged big-spending cocaine dealers were caught after a police swoop in Romford, which netted £178,000 worth of the drug, a jury was told on Monday.
The gang, who enjoyed “cash and luxuries”, had been under surveillance, Croydon Crown Court heard.
Mark Boorman, 24, of Laurel Crescent, Rush Green, and Toby Kallar, 26, of Airthrie Road, Ilford, have denied conspiring to supply cocaine on or before July 19 last year.
A third man, Daniel Skurr, 24, of Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch, has pleaded guilty to the charge and to a charge of driving a van dangerously and while disqualified in Rush Green Road, Rush Green.
You may also want to watch:
He will be sentenced at the conclusion of the trial.
Prosecutor Susana Stevens said police observations began in “quiet and remote” Little Gerpins Lane, Upminster.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
The three set off “in convoy”, Skurr driving a van and Kallar and Boorman in separate cars before being stopped by police after several miles, it was said.
“Skurr accelerated hard and mounted the pavement and there is a police chase,” explained Miss Stevens. “Skurr abandoned the van and was arrested on foot.”
It is said in the van police found one kilo of cocaine of 89 per cent purity.
Police ordered Kallar to get out of his car, the court heard.
“Boorman also mounted the pavement and tried to follow Skurr, but the police were too quick.”
Officers are said to have recovered “cash and luxuries” from the defendants’ homes. The trial continues.