Councillor aiming to put Rainham on the map with Olympic party
Former world boxing champion Jason Rowland is just one of the celebs that have been confirmed to attend an Olympic party in Rainham Village.
The Leader of the Independent Local Residents’ Group, Cllr Jeff Tucker is organising the celebration to coincide with when the Olympic torch passes through Rainham on Sunday July 22 at 2.45pm.
Cllr Tucker said: “It is my intention to put us well and truly on the map. I intend to create in Rainham Village, Upminster Road South, the largest gathering of people in the Country supporting this event.”
Highlights of the event is set to include a performance from the Russellettes Majorette Troupe, Lightning and Thunder Drama Group and an appearance from the Hornchurch and Upminster Sea Cadets.
Cllr Tucker is also being supported by Havering Council and the Rainham Association For Village Events (RAVE).
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I believe this is an opportunity not only for Rainham, but also for the whole of Havering.”
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London