Councillor aiming to put Rainham on the map with Olympic party
Former world boxing champion Jason Rowland is just one of the celebs that have been confirmed to attend an Olympic party in Rainham Village.
The Leader of the Independent Local Residents’ Group, Cllr Jeff Tucker is organising the celebration to coincide with when the Olympic torch passes through Rainham on Sunday July 22 at 2.45pm.
Cllr Tucker said: “It is my intention to put us well and truly on the map. I intend to create in Rainham Village, Upminster Road South, the largest gathering of people in the Country supporting this event.”
Highlights of the event is set to include a performance from the Russellettes Majorette Troupe, Lightning and Thunder Drama Group and an appearance from the Hornchurch and Upminster Sea Cadets.
Cllr Tucker is also being supported by Havering Council and the Rainham Association For Village Events (RAVE).
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I believe this is an opportunity not only for Rainham, but also for the whole of Havering.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould