Coronation Street star Shayne Ward appears at Romford shopping centre for new film
- Credit: Archant
From the Corrie cobbles to the stairwells of Romford actor Shayne Ward was recently at The Mercury Mall filming scenes of a new film he features in.
The Mercury Mall’s back drop will be featured in Tom Paton’s fourth feature film, Stairs. The cast and crew including Shayne Ward and his partner Sophie Austin were recently in the centre filming amongst the stairwells.
Tom’s second feature film Redwood won an award at the Romford Film Festival held earlier in the year.
“I was meant to be in Corrie for six months but stayed for three years,” said Shayne who plays Will Stanton.
“I’m really excited, it’s my first film, so I can’t wait to see the end result.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to live in East London and know Romford well and when Tom sent over the script to me, I was really impressed - it’s very creative.”
Tom’s successful horror film Black Site closes this year’s FrightFest at the end of August in central London.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
The film producer said: “The Mercury had the right tone I was looking for, so I phoned centre manager, Spencer Hawken, whom I’d met at the Romford Film Festival and, as they say, the rest is history.
“We’ve been here for two weeks with a cast and crew of about 30, working twelve-hour days and weekend filming, and I’d like to thank the team at The Mercury as everyone has been very supportive during filming.”
Stairs will be released in 2019.