Commuters given crime prevention advice outside of Hornchurch Station
Commuters were able to brush up on some crime prevention tips on their way to work.
Hacton Safer Neighbourhood Team handed out leaflets with security advice outside of Hornchurch Underground Station.
Residents were reminded how to protect their homes during winter.
They were also given purse chains and UV marker pens.
PCSO Alan Picks said: “With a rise in daytime burglaries and the evening getting darker we really wanted to target those commuters that may be leaving their properties for extended periods of time.
“The response was really good and we expect to repeat the event in the near future.”
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?