Commuters given crime prevention advice outside of Hornchurch Station
Commuters were able to brush up on some crime prevention tips on their way to work.
Hacton Safer Neighbourhood Team handed out leaflets with security advice outside of Hornchurch Underground Station.
Residents were reminded how to protect their homes during winter.
They were also given purse chains and UV marker pens.
PCSO Alan Picks said: “With a rise in daytime burglaries and the evening getting darker we really wanted to target those commuters that may be leaving their properties for extended periods of time.
You may also want to watch:
“The response was really good and we expect to repeat the event in the near future.”
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor