Commuters given crime prevention advice outside of Hornchurch Station
Commuters were able to brush up on some crime prevention tips on their way to work.
Hacton Safer Neighbourhood Team handed out leaflets with security advice outside of Hornchurch Underground Station.
Residents were reminded how to protect their homes during winter.
They were also given purse chains and UV marker pens.
PCSO Alan Picks said: “With a rise in daytime burglaries and the evening getting darker we really wanted to target those commuters that may be leaving their properties for extended periods of time.
You may also want to watch:
“The response was really good and we expect to repeat the event in the near future.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster