Community action day at Hutton Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are invited to get involved in a community action day in Brentwood this weekend.
The clean-up event will be at Hutton Community Centre, in Wash Road, on Saturday, between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
Brentwood Council is revamping the community centre for use by local residents and groups.
A working group has been set up at the council to look at a number of different options to bring the site back into use and another public meeting is expected at the end of this month to discuss the plans.
Cllr Louise McKinlay, leader of the council and chair of the Hutton Community Centre Working Group, said: “The effort of the various community representatives on the working group has been excellent and demonstrates how much local people want to see the centre reopened.
You may also want to watch:
“The action day will see people come together to tidy up the site ahead of any works starting on the building and the surrounding area.”
Volunteers should be aged over 18 years, wear old clothes and no open-toe shoes.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations