Collier Row nursing home staff raise �300 for hospice
Staff at a Collier Row nursing home raised �300 for charity by holding a fancy dress pyjama day, last week.
Workers at the Ashbrook Nursing Home, Chase Cross Road, collected the sum from family and friends, as well as some relatives of residents for St Francis Hospice.
Healthcare assistant Tina Harper said: “It went really well, and was a laugh for all of us.
“I think the residents had a giggle with us too.”
They handed the money to the Havering-atte-Bower hospice today (Friday).
You may also want to watch:
Tina explained: “I think most of us have family who have been there, they do great work.”
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says