Carnival and family fun day hopes to put Collier Row on the map
- Credit: Archant
A special carnival that was set up to put Collier Row on the map returns this summer.
Residents can enjoy a multitude of stalls and activities at this year’s Collier Row Carnival and Family Fun Day which will take place on Sunday, August 5.
There will be crafts, shopping stalls, Go Bonkers Inflatables, zorbs, a dog show, facepainting and a food court and Pimms tent.
Lesley Haylett of the Collier Row Community Group, who organised the event, said: “We wanted to put Collier Row back on the map, and bring everybody back to the area, which is what I think we have done.
“This is our seventh carnival. Every year we try to do something different. So this year we have different activities, like the trampolining girls who do exercise routines with them.”
You may also want to watch:
The parade starts at noon outside Chigwell Window Centre in Chase Cross Lane and travels through Collier Row to Forest Row Centre, Lodge Lane.
“We have got quite a lot of free activities thanks to our sponsors, the Brookend Construction Company, Harold Wood funeral services and Chigwell Window Centre.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Money raised by Captain Tom to be used to fund new ambulances
Residents can also look forward to a special display by The Upminster Camera Club at the Forest Community Centre and the Roger Army circus will be holding some workshops.
Last year between five and six thousand people took to the streets of Collier Row.