Collier Row break-in caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
Three bungling burglars have been caught on CCTV trying to break into a residential property in Collier Row.
Rebecca Sutton and her family were returning from an evening out when they found the door of their home, in Cross Road, wide open after someone had smashed a window to open it from the inside.
It appears that no items were taken from the property and unbeknownst to the three suspects they were caught on CCTV which was installed by the family after they were burgled three years ago.
The police confirmed they were called at 7.56pm to reports of a burglary and forensic officers attended the scene this morning to look for evidence.
Rebecca said the incident has left her seven-year-old daughter shaken up.
You may also want to watch:
“The front porch door was shut but I noticed the inside door had been opened and there was glass on the floor,” said Rebecca. “We were more annoyed than anything. To be fair they haven’t taken anything but my seven-year-old daughter was really afraid.”
Rebecca thinks the burglars fled when they mistook the cat entering through the cat flap for someone else in the house.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
If you have any information, or recognise the people in the footage, call the police on 101.