Collier Row boy flies to US for urgent tests after brain tumour grows
Collier Row youngster Alex Field, who has been battling an aggressive brain tumour, has flown out to America for urgent tests after his condition deteriorated.
The community has rallied round to raise money for the eight-year-old since the middle of last year and now family and friends are appealing for one more push to get him urgent treatment.
Alex and his family flew to Chicago on Sunday after a brain scan had revealed that his tumour had grown significantly.
The Alex Field Fund has a target of �300,000 to pay for his treatment and has raised �167,000 so far.
Family friend, and treasurer of the Alex Field Fund, Lisa Eccles, said: “We urgently need your help and support to raise the additional funds to give Alex the best chance at beating this, Alex’s parents and family know there are no guarantees and at this point and can only pray this treatment will prove successful, as not only Alex but many children and adults in the future suffering similar brain tumours will also have hope that there will be a treatment available.”
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising activities will include trying to get all schools in the borough to hold a non-uniform day on July 12, and helpers from the fund will be collecting money at the Brentwood Festival, Doddinghurst Road, Brentwood, from July 8-10.
n For more information about the fundraising visit www.alexfieldfund.org.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'