College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- Credit: Google
College students have helped create a new outdoor area at a local recreation ground.
Barking and Dagenham College students studying carpentry and trowel trades lent a hand to create a new path and community garden at the nearby Park Lane Recreation Ground in Hornchurch.
The students spent one day a week at the site, putting their skills into action by planning their work, project managing and building.
Park chair Lisa Gunther said: “The students have done a fantastic job - we are so pleased with the result.
“We wanted a new path to make the park even more accessible to all but also because we really wanted people to think about their future paths.
You may also want to watch:
“This was our chance to be able to offer students the chance to get some real work experience and think about the paths they want to take as they start out in their working life.”
The new areas are part of the park’s longer-term regeneration project.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines