Student's design to adorn hoardings at Barking development
- Credit: Barking and Dagenham College
A design student's artwork will be used to decorate construction site hoardings in Barking.
Havering resident Lois Ramsey, 18, who is studying art and design at Barking and Dagenham College, is developing a design to cover 45 boards surrounding a development in Axe Street.
The company behind the development - featuring apartments, retail and a cinema - approached the college about running a competition to come up with “a positive art graffiti message” for the hoardings.
Shapoorji Pallonji business manager Karen Muldowney said: “The first stage was to ask for ideas for the theme and then we asked students to come up with a design to fit that theme.”
Lois’ nature-themed design will be in place for about 18 months. She also received a £200 Amazon gift voucher as a prize.
You may also want to watch:
“I felt that the flora and fauna theme would make a building site look just that bit happier,” she said.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals