Student's design to adorn hoardings at Barking development
- Credit: Barking and Dagenham College
A design student's artwork will be used to decorate construction site hoardings in Barking.
Havering resident Lois Ramsey, 18, who is studying art and design at Barking and Dagenham College, is developing a design to cover 45 boards surrounding a development in Axe Street.
The company behind the development - featuring apartments, retail and a cinema - approached the college about running a competition to come up with “a positive art graffiti message” for the hoardings.
Shapoorji Pallonji business manager Karen Muldowney said: “The first stage was to ask for ideas for the theme and then we asked students to come up with a design to fit that theme.”
Lois’ nature-themed design will be in place for about 18 months. She also received a £200 Amazon gift voucher as a prize.
You may also want to watch:
“I felt that the flora and fauna theme would make a building site look just that bit happier,” she said.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic