New Gidea Park Co-op branch receives 'great response' on opening
- Credit: Vicki Couchman
A new Co-op branch opened in Gidea Park has received a "great response", according to the store manager.
Store manager Tommy Roberts said: “We have had a great response, and we are delighted to have had the opportunity to carry out such a significant investment in Romford, and to open Co-op’s newest store!
“We are really looking forward to serving the community. We have worked to develop the range, choice, products and services locally to create a really compelling offer to serve our community.”
Run on renewable energy, the shop also offers John Lewis parcel collection and returns.
As part of the celebrations, Creative Kids Nursery in Romford received a £500 donation towards play and education equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op area manager Mike Roast said: “Our members help to make a difference to local causes - Co-op donates 2p in every pound to community causes when members swipe their membership card when buying own-branded products.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines