New Gidea Park Co-op branch receives 'great response' on opening
- Credit: Vicki Couchman
A new Co-op branch opened in Gidea Park has received a "great response", according to the store manager.
Store manager Tommy Roberts said: “We have had a great response, and we are delighted to have had the opportunity to carry out such a significant investment in Romford, and to open Co-op’s newest store!
“We are really looking forward to serving the community. We have worked to develop the range, choice, products and services locally to create a really compelling offer to serve our community.”
Run on renewable energy, the shop also offers John Lewis parcel collection and returns.
As part of the celebrations, Creative Kids Nursery in Romford received a £500 donation towards play and education equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op area manager Mike Roast said: “Our members help to make a difference to local causes - Co-op donates 2p in every pound to community causes when members swipe their membership card when buying own-branded products.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 4 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 5 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 6 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 7 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 8 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens