Club News: Tweedway 50+ Sports Club
- Credit: Archant
Over-50s seeking companionship are encouraged to grab a dart, cue or pack of cards and join in the fun at a games club.
The Tweedway 50+ Sports Club offers activities and sports fortnightly at the Havering Road Methodist Church, in Rise Park.
It was founded in 2012 by eight members.
Chairman Pete McEvoy said: “We play darts, short mat bowls, snooker and pool, table tennis and various table games like rummikub, scrabble and the occasional quiz for the less able or the lazy.
“All standards are catered for, from beginners to useless.”
You may also want to watch:
Rummikub combines elements of the card game rummy and Chinese game mahjong.
The club’s membership varies between 15 and 20 and its meetings run for two hours each time.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need
- 8 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
New members are encouraged.
Pete said: “All equipment is provided, just bring yourself, maybe a friend or partner if you wish and, more importantly, a smile.
“We will extend a warm welcome to new members, who will find it more stimulating than staying home and watching television.
“Come and give it a try, make friends, expand your horizons and maybe have a little exercise for £3 including refreshments.”