Club News: Rainham Association for Village Events
- Credit: Archant
Rainham Association for Village Events (RAVE for short) exists to promote local businesses and entertain our local residents.
The association was formed more than 20 years ago and we hold two main events every year: the May Day Fayre and the Christmas Fayre.
These events are held across five venues in the town, with various activities taking place.
The street is closed for the day and is filled with lots of stalls selling food, crafts and many more types of goods.
The Royals Youth Centre always has entertainment taking place, usually run by the Lightnin’ Drama Group. St Helen’s and St Giles’ at Christmas have local school choirs singing carols.
You may also want to watch:
The library has Father Christmas and the art exhibition but is closed for the May Fayre.
Rainham Hall is always free to enter on fayre days and they have various things going on.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
We are always looking for people to join the committee. It is very satisfying when everything falls into place on the fayre days and this is a good reason to join us. At the moment we are looking for a dedicated fundraiser, as we need money to accomplish some of the ideas we will try to carry out in the future.
On the Sunday before the May Fayre we need people to help erect the marquee for the art exhibition in Rainham Hall.