Club News: Havering 90 Joggers
- Credit: Archant
Havering 90 Joggers was founded in 1990 and from its base in Hornchurch has constantly offered a friendly and supportive home for adult runners aged from 18 to 80-plus, and of all abilities.
“Our aim is to be inclusive and to make running and its benefits accessible to everyone, says member Keith Penfold.
“We welcome anybody wanting just to get fitter, aiming for their first fun run through to training for marathons.
“We offer peer training where experienced members provide informal support and advice to novices and those wanting to improve.
“We do not prescribe or impose training regimes and allow members to be as competitive or laid back as they are comfortable with.
You may also want to watch:
“All year round H90J provides two midweek club nights, weekend club runs and periodically offers Learn to Run courses for absolute beginners.
“The club participates in on and off-road, and cross-country events and competitions in east London and Essex, and organises challenges and weekend trips.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
“There is an active social programme and members make long lasting friendships.
“We offer a month’s free trial – thereafter annual membership is the equivalent of less than 50p per week.
For more information go to www.h90j.org.uk.